20060725

A Good Day!

Today was a good day even if it began early. We had to show up at 4:30am to the PT (physical training) field for our APFT (Army Physical Fitness Test). The test was to see what kind of physical shape we are in so that we can make sure we are ready for August 25th when we have one shot to pass the test or fail the chaplain course. It is composed of pushups, situps, and a two-mile run. I was pleasantly surprised because I did 15 more pushups than when I was here last summer by completing 46 of them. Situps and running are my strength as I did 70 situps and ran the 2 mile in 13:13. For any St. Cecilia's tracksters, 13:13 would mean doing a 6:06 mile during our normal warmup and then immediately doing another mile in 6:07. Personally, I was disappointed with 13:13 but after doing the situps my stomach and back muscles cramped up during the second mile. I passed the APFT with relative ease and I look to be in a lot better shape on August 25th. The good day continued as I got to concelebrate Mass with the other priests here. Last summer I was the only priest at the school so it was great to meet three other priests this morning. Nebraska is well represented as a priest from the Lincoln Diocese is here too. Thanks be to God for all these graces.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?