20060803

Lesson #3

The importance of family and friends. Family and friends are vital, especially when preparing for war. Having an intimate relationship with God is foremost, but having healthy, holy relationships is key. With faith and friends, I know that I am not going through this alone. "No man is an island." We need God. We need each other. When I drove away from St. C's, what I immediately missed was the people. Having someone you can let know you purely for who you are (even the stuff you want to hide) helps you to relate to God who knows you and loves you for who you are. Also, loving God helps you to love others. Being that vulnerable is a risk, but a risk worth taking. God bless my family and friends because my deployment will be harder on them in some ways than it will on me.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?