20060803
Lesson #7
Tons of Army lingo:
(1)"Roger"= "I understand" or "I agree", but I have no idea who Roger is and why his name means this.
(2)"Lima Charlie"--"Lima"= "L", "Charlie"="C". LC is shorthand for "Loud and Clear". What makes me laugh at this is that Lima Charlie is shorthand for Loud and Clear, but Loud and Clear actually has less syllables than Lima Charlie.
(3)"POV"=Privately Owned Vehicle, which really just refers to your car
(4)"Get in the forward leaning rest position"=prepare to do push-ups
(5) If I am going to Iraq, Afghanistan, or some other resort location the Army sends you, you are said to be going "down range".
(6) "Hook and Loop Fastener"=Velcro, the Army does not have the proper copyrights to call it Velcro
(7) You do not have a gun, in the Army you have a weapon.
(8) You do not have a hat, you have a cover.
(9) You do not go to the bathroom or restroom, you go to the latrine.
(10) "Hooah"= it means everything and can be used when asked any question or under any circumstances, the more gutteral sound in your voice when you say it, the better.