20061122
Some Fun!
Just to lighten things up, I wanted to include some fun pictures. One picture is of me reading "Catholicism for Dummies". We use that text for our RCIA class so I was reading to get ready for that class. My assistant thought it was hilarious to see a priest reading "Catholicism for Dummies" so he took this picture. Little does he know that the book was written with me in mind. Another picture is of me with a santa hat on and Sponge Bob on my lap. Oh yeah, and that is a real surf board. A chaplain at one of the bases I visit is from California. He is a huge surfer and just a fun guy. In order to feel at home, his wife has sent him tons of beach stuff for his office. When you go in there, the last place you think you are is Iraq. The third picture is the one my assistant, James, enjoys the most. At one of the bases we visit, we were hearing about a soldier that looks just like me. Last week while we were back at that base we finally met my supposed look-alike. When James saw my "clone" he started laughing so hard I thought he was going to break the chair he was sitting on. I was surprised that he was able to take the picture. Besides him being 19 years old, I have to admit he does look a bit like me. Of course, any Army guy with short hair and glasses look a bit like me at this point. I hope you enjoyed the pics.