20061211

Advent Update

With the short Advent Season this year, this may be my only chance to put an entry on here during this season. I think of the meaning of the word, "Advent". It means, "coming". It refers, of course, to the coming of Jesus into the world some 2000 years ago and the coming of Jesus when he returns in glory. This year was full of comings and goings for me. In fact, my whole time here in Iraq I feel like I am either unpacking from my last trip to bases or packing for the next one. It is like going on one pilgrimage after another. Was this what it was like for Jesus to travel from town to town? This life is described often as a pilgrimage or a journey. In this life we are never quite able to fully settle in, relax and feel totally at home. As I wish I could be home this Advent and Christmas, may we all go along this pilgrimage of life yearning for our true home in heave.




<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?