20070102

Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year

Spending Christmas and New Years in Iraq has been an adventure, to say the least. I spent December 23-29 traveling all over Eastern Iraq bringing Christmas Mass to as many soldiers as possible. When I was ordained four and a half years ago, I had no idea that I would be saying Midnight Mass 2006 in Iraq. God really does work in mysterious and unexpected ways. As 2007 begins, I am celebrating mainly because 2007 is the year I will be going back home. August is still a long way away, but seeing 2007 on the calendar is a reminder that it is getting closer. As we continue to celebrate the birth of Christ, may our world, especially Iraq, experience the peace that only Christ can give. "Glory to God in the highest and peace to His people on earth." May the execution of Sadaam Husein NOT be used as an excuse for continued violence. Lastly, may we never forget all the soldiers who gave their lives in Iraq in 2006. May their souls and the souls of all the faithful departed, through the mercy of God, rest in peace. Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year. The picture of a Nativity scene that I have up in my room. It was sent to me by kids from Saint Cecilia Cathedral School.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?