20070320
The Kind of Support I Get
I am blessed. Those three words say it simply and perfectly. I am blessed. Even after reading this, you will only have a small understanding of the support I recieve from people and the amount of prayers that are said for me. I do not even know the extent of people supporting and praying for me. A month has not gone by when I have not received cards or something from the grade school kids at St. Cecilia Cathedral. The paper nativity scene [pictured further down on this blog] was made for me by some of the kids. It is still on the wall of my room (in March). I have also taped cards from kids all over the walls of my office. Along with grade school kids, I have at least one Rosary Group praying for me [pictured], people emailing me updates from home, the support of my parents [pictured with me further down on this blog] and family, people collecting things like Christmas cards and Rosaries for me to hand out to soldiers, a woman praying a Rosary daily for me, even people I have never met before writing me letters, and countless others. People wonder why I do not get discouraged being in Iraq. With the amount of support behind me (most especially God's grace and presence), how could I get discouraged? I have to spend too much time being grateful to be discouraged. This is my way of thanking all of you for carrying me.