20070408

Happy Easter!

This Holy Week took on a whole new significance for me this year. For the first time, I was the celebrant for all the services except the Easter Vigil where the Air Force priest and I worked together. The washing of the feet was a microcosm of my year here in Iraq. There I was washing the feet of twelve soldiers and that is the sole reason why I am here--to take care of soldiers. Good Friday was also very touching as everyone here can really relate to the Cross of Christ. Our Easter Vigil was beautiful last night as we celebrated the Easter Sacraments for the 15 members of our RCIA group. More than anything, the past week or so has been a time where I have experienced my limitations (I do not have enough time and energy sometimes) and God's grace carrying me and others onward. In the face of my weaknesses, Christ's strength really did shine through. At the beginning of this Easter season, may the Risen Christ touch all of your hearts. Happy Easter! [Included are a few pictures from Holy Thursday]





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?