20070403

Passion/Palm Sunday

Here are some pictures from one of my Palm Sunday Masses. One story from Palm Sunday weekend: Months ago I had requested palms through the Army supply system. Well, that system can be slow. To be honest, sometimes it is slow and sometimes the supply system is unbearably slow. The palms had not arrived when I got back from traveling Friday night. I was wondering what to do. I had no palms. Then I had a moment of clarity. I remembered that this is the part of the world where Jesus' entry into Jerusalem took place. Plus, there are tons of palm trees here on our base so getting palms would not be a problem. Why didn't this occur to me earlier? Good question. I am not the smartest man alive even though I am supremely grateful to God for the intelligence that I have. Anyway, there I was on Saturday afternoon defacing a palm tree outside of our office building (with permission, of course). Needless to say, we had plenty of palms to go around. "Blessed is the King who comes in the name of the Lord! Peace in heaven and glory in the highest!" (Luke 19:38) To all of you, I wish you are great Holy Week and a wonderful Easter. May you dive into the mystery of Jesus' death so that you may more fully appreciate His resurrection.





<< Home

This page is powered by Blogger. Isn't yours?