20070408
Priest Conference in the Baghdad Area
A few weeks ago, my assistant and I had the opportunity to meet some of the other Army priests in Iraq at a priest conference in Baghdad. I had not been to the Baghdad area and probably will not have the opportunity to go there again. This was a monumental conference for me, because I had not seen an Army Catholic priest in Iraq yet. To me, the idea that there were other priests out there was a rumor more than a proven fact. If nothing else, it was nice to know that there are other priests out here, it was nice to pray and concelebrate Mass with them, and even hang out with a priest that went to Kenrick Seminary with me. Here are some pictures from the trip. As far as pictures go, the highlight of the base we were on in the Baghdad area was a palace built to commemorate Iraq repelling the Iranians in the Iran/Iraq War. It was a beautiful palace, as you can see. One picture is me outside the palace and the other one is inside on something that resembled a throne. To be honest, I have no idea what the significance of that big chair was, but it made for a fun picture. Just being in a place that had a good amount of water was a highlight.