Happy 4th of July!
On this Independence Day, I find myself praying for the people of Iraq. If a bunch of diverse colonies can unite to become the United States of America, I have to believe that the people of Iraq can unite under the banner of freedom as well. Will that happen as a result of our presence here? I do not know. I hope so, but I can't tell the future. All I can do is put the people of Iraq into the hands of God. Just as Jesus prayed that his disciples may all be one, may God unite the people of Iraq, end sectarian violence, and bring peace and stability to this part of the world. May God also bless all those who sacrificed to make our country what it is, especially the men and women of our Armed Forces---past and present. "God bless America, the land that I love."
# posted by Fr. Mark Beran : 14:11

